George

Anatomy of a Landscape

November 6th

The sun wasn't in the right place, but it was a beautiful morning so went for a wander up to the golf course car park to see if there was anything doing up there. While walking past the Marine Hotel, I was presented with this sunrise photo of Brora. This wasn't even on my list of locations. A total accident. They do happen, and it's nice when they do. Yes, that's hard frost on the ground, it was a cold, cold morning.

1106-brorarunrise.jpg.f61d5da041a60c23986af2d1ad1f0fcc.jpg

15th November

This morning it happened. The light was perfect, the sun rose in precisely the right place, the tide was perfect, and the colours were gorgeous. It's been six weeks, and this morning it all came together. Good landscape photography isn't about winding down the car window and pointing your camera at something, it's about hard work, persistence and patience.

1115-sunrise.thumb.jpg.e6318f0c7d1efbe06c7eb0021ba5dfef.jpg

Great stuff George. I'm hopeless at taking photographs. Keep up the good work! One day I will learn. :cheerleader:

• Like 1

You're not hopeless at all. You can see a photo, you just have to learn how to use your camera to capture what it is you see. Most people can't see a photo, but you can.

• Like 1