Liz

Liz's photographs..

This arrived today. Delighted with it. I have a few translations...including my John Brown family bible. :book:

20180405_181911.jpg

John Browns are rare, I think I've only ever seen 2 copies. Well worth holding on to. I've been using the KJV for the last 40 years now, so I'm extremely comfortable with it. Nestles is another good translation to keep if you ever find a copy.

Comparing translations can highlight some interesting stuff. Take these verses from the King James for example:

1 John 5:7  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 
1 John 5:8  And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Here are the same verses in the Darby bible.

1 John 5:7  For they that bear witness are three: 
1 John 5:8  the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and the three agree in one.

The RV

1 John 5:7  And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is the truth. 
1 John 5:8  For there are three who bear witness, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and the three agree in one.

The World English Bible

1 John 5:7  For there are three who testify: 
1 John 5:8  the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and the three agree as one.

And the Weymouth New Testament

1 John 5:7  For there are three that give testimony-- the Spirit, the water, and the blood; 
1 John 5:8  and there is complete agreement between these three.

What have we learned by comparing versions? These verses in the King James have been tampered with. The highlighted words are a trinitarian forgery.

1 John 5:7  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 
1 John 5:8  And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

That wasn't difficult to figure out now, was it?

:laugh:

I still don't know why your previous photos disappeared like that. I can't see anything untoward in Admin. I'll keep looking.

It was Russia that did it!!!!!!!!

Just had a visit from two young American guys in my house. One has  father who is a pastor...long lost relative of the family. Met him before. Good chat with them both. 

Off to warm up now as out in the rain to see them off. :coffee: