Liz

Liz's photographs..

These guys are still around. I never realised how dark their wings are..until I got up close. I have to wait until about 9.30pm to photograph them as they take time to settle for the night. I can get within about a foot of them. 

Great guys. Will miss them when they go...but hedgehogs are around. Haven't seen one around here for years. Will try to photograph if I see them. Will continue to take photographs of these guys until they go.

20180807_215004.jpg

20180807_215028.jpg

20180807_215043.jpg

• Like 1

Special times hey :) I still don't have a single photo of a hedgehog :$

• Like 1

I don't have a photo of a hedgehog  either. They used to be everywhere when I was young. Cars to blame for their demise? I will be on watch for them now. 

That solo bird above is called Elvis, by the way...work it out...for future reference. :rolleyes:

That's quite a distinctive little brown streak down his white breast. If that stays, should be easy to spot him.

:laugh:

• Like 1

Was very surprised to see these guys still hanging out in the shed this morning. Are gathering with others a lot of the time in a bigger shed now. Great noise and excitement from them this morning flying in and out of their nesting place. 

20180815_085655.jpg

• Like 1

Sounds like they know it's almost time to go and they're getting excited about their big adventure. I think it's north Africa they fly to, not entirely sure.

Still around. 

Have put the ladders back in place lol. Thought these guys had gone somewhere else to sleep at night, but still hanging around nesting shed.

20180815_210411.jpg

Spot the sheep..

It would be so easy to take these views for granted, but I don't. Wonderful.

:love2:

20180816_092426.jpg

• Like 1

Found this second nest now built over from previous one. Same parent. Did not bother at all with me saying hello. Probably waiting on me coming with camera! Will have to just wait and see how this goes, as late for any to hatch and grow now. 

20180818_223541.jpg

• Like 1

I'm becoming trigger happy...you can tell, can't you lol. 

Lots of bees around my Portintella  "Elizabeth" shrub. Planted by my dad many years ago..:love2:

20180819_111922.jpg

• Like 1