Liz

Liz's photographs..

I can advise on gear. Be careful though, photography can easily become a lifelong passion.

:laugh:

• Like 1

No problem with lifelong passions! Quite expensive business by the looks of prices..but I can handle that..please advise!

A couple of wee photos of my view in Portgower last night. Was actually checking on the "bairns" and decided to take a snap.

Have now discovered that there are four more nests in tractor shed with young swallows in them! May need a bigger ladder lol:yes:

20180803_212628.jpg

20180803_212526.jpg

• Like 2

This is the same view in winter. I get some cracking views/ skies here. Snow on the ground. I love crisp winter walks in the snow.

20180121_082854.jpg

• Like 2

First one below taken Nov 2016. Had just started my fortnight holiday. I remember getting some great sunrises.

The second from Jan this year. All taken from roughly the same spot. :sunshine:

20161129_084530.jpg

20180102_084732.jpg

• Like 1

Your next logical step into photography would be a compact camera with a small zoom range up to 10x. They are all so good these days, it's almost impossible to get it wrong, but you'll have to do some homework.

What you need is something that gives good results when you point and shoot, but which has sufficient manual control so you can actually learn about photography and take more control over your photos as you learn. Point and shoots, such as phones, are exceptionally good these days, but you don't really learn anything about photography using them.

You will also need one that shoots RAW as well as jpg. The more you learn about photography, the more you will want to shoot RAW, so having a compact that shoots RAW will extend its usable life.

I could do with a pocket sized compact myself, so I'll have a look, see what I would get.

• Like 1

Thanks George. Sounds good. Let me know what you come up with. Think I've caught the photo bug..

:yes:

I think I'm going to get a Sony RX100 v. There is a newer model out, the vi, but just about everyone who upgraded from the v that I've seen in reviews wishes they hadn't. Here's a pretty good review that shows you just about everything the camera can do. It's under £700, which is excellent for such a good little camera.

Here is a short video from someone who vlogs every day using this camera, so if you plan to use the video, this is worth watching. No such issues with photos obviously.