Sign in to follow this  
Rufierto

shadows

I am having problems getting the desired effect with my shadow bulbs.   With a red light,  there should be green shadow,   my sun bulbs are on the red side,  I click on red on the shadows,  and it gives off the desired green shadow in the area.   Problem is,  when Lara steps into the shadow she only reflects the sun bulb,  the reddish light and not the green.   I cannot find a good tutorial on shadowing anywhere.   Any help here would be appreciated.:sunshine:

• Like 1

Never colored shadows either, you should try with a second sun colored in green.

• Like 1

In my day you could only have 1 sun bulb per room or your level crashed :laugh: No wonder I don't know anything about coloured shadows! :laugh:

No I did use two suns in several rooms of my levels, it works.

You can see on those sceens, the first sun light the ground and the second the wall, no crash.

shot004.jpg

Sun.jpg

• Like 1

I was referring to the days before Paolone and the TRNG came along mate. In the original editor, you could only have 1 sun bulb in each room. I love the idea of using 2 sun bulbs for adding colour.

:bow:

Place a shadow bulb,  then right click one of the colored squares at the bottom of the editor,  that is how you change the color of a shadow.  I did not know about 2 sun bulbs though.

• Like 1

Thanks for the 2 sun bulbs idea,  it helped to fix the issue I was having.   I wish I knew about that sooner.  It is too late for me to use that in the first 2 levels,   I have been warned against adding a single bulb to those levels.   26 mil. allocation buffer each.   They are done,  I am not touching them.:D

• Like 1